Beef Stroganoff Steaks
This dish is the ultimate comfort food for a cold winter’s night. Who would have thought that a beef stroganoff recipe would only take 35 minutes to prepare? This heart beef steak Stroganoff recipe is a family favourite and reminds us of the comforts of home.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time25 min
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 4 x 125g beef steaks
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 packet Continental Beef Stroganoff Recipe Base
- 1¼ cups (310mL) water
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 2 cups green beans, steamed
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook steaks to your liking; remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the pan and cook until golden brown.
- Combine Recipe Base and water and add to the pan, stir until boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir through sour cream and parsley.
- Serve steak on a bed of mashed potato, spoon over the sauce and serve with steamed green beans.
- Hint: This beef stroganoff recipe is also good served on rice or noodles.