A deliciously tender beef dish to satisfy the family. This braised beef recipe can be eaten by itself or can be served with rice for a heavy meal that serves 6.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time60 min
- 1kg beef, chuck steak, lean, small dice
- 4 large potatoes, large dice
- 1 medium sweet potato (kumara), large dice
- 1 packet Continental Cook-in-Bag Portuguese Chicken
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, cumin, ginger, coriander, black mustard seeds
- 1 cup low fat natural yoghurt
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Add all ingredients into the bag, close the bag using the included tie.
- Gently rotate the bag coating all the food evenly with spice and yoghurt.
- Place the bag with the tie facing upwards in a deep roasting pan .
- Pierce top of the bag 2-3 times with a skewer to vent.
- Cook on the centre shelf of the oven for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Remove from oven, rest in bag for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving tip -For a hearty beef dinner, serve with rice and coriander sprigs.