Raise your glasses to this braised beef recipe, a deliciously tender beef dish that will win over family, friends and even foes. The beauty of this braised beef recipe is that it can be enjoyed on its own or it can be served with rice for a heavier, heartier family meal that serves six hungry souls.
- Recipe serves:6
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time60 min
- 1kg beef, chuck steak, lean, small dice
- 4 large potatoes, large dice
- 1 medium sweet potato (kumara), large dice
- 1 packet Continental Cook-in-Bag Portuguese Chicken
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, cumin, ginger, coriander, black mustard seeds
- 1 cup low fat natural yoghurt
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Add all ingredients into the bag, close the bag using the included tie.
- Gently rotate the bag coating all the food evenly with spice and yoghurt.
- Place the bag with the tie facing upwards in a deep roasting pan .
- Pierce top of the bag 2-3 times with a skewer to vent.
- Cook on the centre shelf of the oven for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Remove from oven, rest in bag for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving tip For a hearty beef dinner, serve with rice and coriander sprigs.