Chilli Con Pollo with Taco Chips
A fresh take on a Mexican classic, this minced chilli chicken and taco recipe is served on crunchy corn chips. And just like our other Mexican recipes, this dish will have you saying “Ole!” with every bite.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time20 min
- Cooking time25 min
- 1 packet Continental® Chilli Con Carne Recipe Base
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 300g packet unseasoned corn chips (taco chips)
- ¾ cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh chilli, optional
- Freshly ground white pepper
- ¾ cup sour cream
- Jalapeño peppers, sliced – optional
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- Prepare the Recipe Base following packet instructions using the oil, chicken mince instead of beef, tomatoes, beans and water.
- Preheat grill. Place the corn chips on an ovenproof serving dish and place under the lowest part of the grill until warmed through. Spoon over the Chilli Con Pollo, sprinkle over grated cheese and place back under the grill until golden brown and the cheese melted.
- In a small bowl, gently mix the avocado, lemon juice, chilli and a little pepper.
- Serve the Chilli Con Pollo with the avocado mixture, sour cream and Jalapeño peppers. Sprinkle over coriander before serving.
- Note: Use beef mince in this chilli taco recipe if you prefer