Chicken, Mushroom & Bacon Pie
You’ll win over the most staunch meat pie purist with this chicken and mushroom recipe. And with reduced fat sour cream and pastry, you’ll please the dieters as well! This is a simple yet filling chicken pie recipe (with puff pastry) which will easily fill a family of 4.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time25 min
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, skinless , cut into chunks
- 2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 packet Continental® Creamy Mushroom Chicken Recipe Base
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 sheets reduced fat frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil in a large pan and brown chicken, onion and mushrooms.
- Combine Recipe Base and water; add to chicken. Stir until boiling.
- Cover and gently simmer for10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream.
- Divide mix between 4 small bowls and form a lid over each with a square of the puff pastry. Brush with beaten egg.
- Place all 4 pies on a large baking tray and bake on the middle shelf for 10-15 minutes, or until pie tops are golden.
- Hint: Replace the sheets of puff pastry with left-over mash potato, or use 1 packet of Continental Homestyle Mash and prepare as directed. Serve your fresh chicken pie with a baby spinach leaf salad.