Crispy Chicken Chow Mein Salad
This lush chicken Chow Mein salad combines Asian flavours and textures to produce a light, refreshing meal perfect for when the weather warms up. Making this easy chicken chow mien recipe is quick. Eating it is truly delightful.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time10 min
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 1 packet Continental® Chow Mein Mince Recipe Base
- 500g lean chicken mince
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 3 tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- ½ telegraph cucumber, sliced
- 2 baby cos lettuce, washed and leaves torn
- 1 x 100g pack crispy noodles
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the oil a large fry pan and brown chicken mince.
- Add the Recipe Base and water; stir well.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mince is cooked. Allow to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cooked mince, tomatoes, cucumber and baby cos.
- Just before serving, gently mix through the crispy noodles.
- Season with cracked pepper and serve topped with fresh coriander leaves
- Suggestion: Enjoy this Vietnamese chicken salad with a tall glass of iced or green tea.