Glazed Roast Ham
Dress a delicious seasonal ham in all the tasty trappings, by blending sweet citrus and honey with savoury spices and aromatic mustard. Suitable for traditional occasions, this easy roast ham recipe will impress your guests without getting you tired and stuck in the kitchen all day.
- Recipe serves5
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time60 min
- 1 leg or shoulder ham
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Continental Stock Pot Vegetable
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cloves
- 20 cloves, to stud
- You can use this as glaze to baste over your ham to roast or to brush over slices of ham and serve cold.
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil, reduce by half.
- To prepare the ham for roasting peel back and remove the rind from the ham, score the ham in diamond cuts, brush over the glaze and stud with cloves.
- Roast in the oven at 200°C, during cooking baste the ham a couple of times with the glaze that drips into the roasting tray.
- Cook until the glaze starts to caramelise. Remove from the oven, slice and serve.
- Tip: Making this easy roast ham recipe is healthier and cheaper than getting it from the store.