Herbed Chicken Skewers Pasta Alfredo Snow Peas
Snag something a little different for your next BBQ with these herb-and-lemony chicken skewers. Piled on top of hot pasta they’re great for any alfresco table. Some even say that it’s one of the best chicken breast recipes for dinner that they’ve had. Most are too busy munching mouthfuls of chicken…mmm!
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- Finely grated zest of half a lemon
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 x 130g Value pack, Continental® Alfredo Pasta & Sauce
- 1¼ cups (310ml) reduced fat milk
- 1 cup (250ml) hot water
- 2 teaspoons Flora® Salt Reduced spread
- 200g snow peas
- 1 small lemon, cut into wedges
- Thread the chicken onto skewers. Sprinkle over the thyme, lemon zest, black pepper and olive oil. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill pan to moderately hot. Add the chicken skewers, allow to brown and cook through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Pasta & Sauce following packet instructions using milk, water and spread; adding the snow peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Serve the Pasta & Sauce with the chicken skewers and a small wedge of lemon.