Jacket Potatoes with Beefy Mince
The humble jacket potato recipe is at its best when baked in its skin, and it’s most delicious when smothered in a rich concoction of beef mince, cheese and fresh herbs and veggies. One of our most popular mince beef recipes, this dish is a winner at the appetizer table and great to have with a round of drinks.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time45 min
- 4 potatoes (700g), washed
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 packet Continental® Rich Beefy Mince Recipe Base
- 1 x 130g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped parsley
- fresh salad for serving
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Wrap the potatoes in foil and place into the centre of the oven, allow to bake for 40-45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a fry pan or saucepan and brown mince.
- Add the Recipe Base, corn kernels, carrot and water, stir well. Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring regularly, until minced is cooked. Keep warm.
- Remove potatoes from foil and cut a cross in the top of each one, press sides to open and generously fill with the Rich Beefy Mince.
- Top with cheese and parsley. If desired, place under a preheated grill to melt the cheese until golden brown.
- Serve this beef mince recipe with a fresh salad and some cocktails