Lemon & Herb Chicken with Rocket & Potato Salad
Try this healthy lemon chicken salad recipe next time you’re planning a special summertime feast. Lemon flavoured chicken, creamy potato salad and zingy rocket is guaranteed to refresh. Another one of our healthy dinner recipes that’s very easy to prepare.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 min
- Cooking time40 min
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 packet Continental® Cook-in-Bag Lemon & Herb Chicken Recipe Base
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 600g potatoes, peeled, boiled and cubed
- 2 bunches fresh rocket
- ½ cup semi dried tomatoes, drained of oil
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Splash of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large avocado, quartered and skin removed
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Preheat a fry pan to moderately hot, add the oil. Brown the chicken breasts in the pan, remove and cool slightly before placing in the cook-in-bag. Shake over the Lemon & Herb Recipe Base, tie bag, place on an oven tray and pierce top of bag three times using a fork to vent. Place in oven for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and parsley; add the potato and gently stir through until evenly coated. Place to one side.
- In another medium bowl, combine the rocket and semi dried tomatoes; lightly dress with balsamic vinegar and oil.
- Serve each piece of chicken with a spoonful of potato salad, some rocket salad and a wedge of avocado.
- This lemon chicken recipe is delightfully healthy and lite.