Meat Pies with Cheesy Mash Crust
Despite being an easy beef pie recipe, these individual shepherd’s pies are a tasty crowd pleaser that your family are sure to love. The addition of tasty cheese into the mashed potato crust is a taste sensation! You’ve got to try this shepherds recipe, a classic beef mince dish that easily serves 4 people in under 40 minutes.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time30 min
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 500g lean mince
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 packet Continental® Rich Beefy Mince Recipe Base
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup grated reduced fat tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large pan, brown mince and onions. Add Recipe Base, carrot and water; stir well. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Combine mash potato and cheese.
- Divide mince mix between 4 bowls, topping each with the potato mix.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until tops are golden.
- Hint: To make this beef pie recipe even better, add traditional "pie floaters": top each shepherd’s pie once cooked, with mushy green peas and gravy. Mushy peas: 1 cup frozen peas, cooked as directed, and mashed with a potato masher. Finish with 1 teaspoon Flora® Buttery spread. Prepare 1 packet Continental® Brown Onion Gravy as directed.