Meat Pies with Cheesy Mash Crust
Despite being an easy beef pie recipe, these individual tasty shepherd’s pies will have them flocking to your door. The addition of tasty cheese into the mashed potato crust is a taste sensation you simply have to try, with this classic beef mince recipe ready to serve four people in under 40 minutes.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time30 min
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 500g lean mince
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 packet Continental® Rich Beefy Mince Recipe Base
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup grated reduced fat tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large pan, brown mince and onions. Add Recipe Base, carrot and water; stir well. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Combine mash potato and cheese.
- Divide mince mix between 4 bowls, topping each with the potato mix.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until tops are golden.
- Hint: To make this beef pie recipe even better, add traditional "pie floaters": top each shepherd’s pie once cooked, with mushy green peas and gravy. Mushy peas: 1 cup frozen peas, cooked as directed, and mashed with a potato masher. Finish with 1 teaspoon Flora® Buttery spread. Prepare 1 packet Continental® Brown Onion Gravy as directed.