Orange & Soy Roast Chicken
Try this fantastic Orange & Soy Roast Chicken dish at home. The light, delicate flavours of this easy roast chicken recipe are perfect for a balmy summer’s day! And with oven baked chicken recipes, this is easy and fool proof, so how could you not give it a go?
- Recipe serves:5
- Preparation time20 min
- Cooking time60 min
- 1x 1.6 kg chicken
- 1 Continental Stock Pot Chicken
- 2 oranges; zest, segments and juice
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 carrots, grated
- ½ bunch coriander, stem and leaf, finely cut
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Preheat hooded BBQ or oven to 200°c.
- Wash and dry your chicken and place in your roasting pan.
- Combine Continental Stock Pot, orange zest, soy sauce and 1 teaspoon sugar into a paste and brush over the chicken to coat.
- Peel the oranges & place into chicken cavity.
- Using a sharp small knife, segment the orange pieces and keep aside for use in the salad.
- Any remaining juice from the orange can be poured into the cavity as well.
- Place your chicken in the oven or BBQ and reduce the heat to 180°c and cook for 1 hour, or until cooked (the juices will run clear).
- Remove & set aside.
- To make the salad, combine a dressing of olive oil, vinegar, remaining sugar, mustard and coriander stem. Grate the carrot and toss with orange segments, coriander leaf and dressing. Cut the chicken into pieces and serve with the salad.
- Hint: Add 2 teaspoons of black mustard seeds to the dressing to add texture and appeal