Indian Pork & Pappadam Salad
One of our tastiest Indian pork recipes, it’s crispy, crunchy and best of all quick! Whip up a refreshing take on modern Indian flavours with this unique salad that’s substantial enough to be the main event on any dinner table.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 min
- Cooking time10 min
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500g pork mince
- 1 packet Continental® Chow Mein Mince Recipe Base
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 8 pappadums
- 200g green beans, blanched
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 x 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon oil, extra
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon coriander leave
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan and brown pork mince. Stir through the Recipe Base and water. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the pappadums in the microwave, on HIGH, for 25-35 seconds per pappadum, or until expanded and crisp. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pork mixture, beans, spinach, onion and cherry tomatoes. Lightly dress with oil and lemon juice.
- Break the pappadums in to chunky pieces and gently toss through the salad.
- Indian pork recipes taste great when served with coriander.