Pork & Prawn Fried Rice
Chock-full of pork, prawns and veggies, this versatile Oriental-inspired rice dish can easily transition from hot winter dinner to cool summer salad, depending on the season. Ssee why this fried rice recipe has earned a “two thumbs up” from friends and family.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 300g lean pork, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 x 180g Value pack, Continental Oriental Rice
- 200g cooked prawns
- 1½ cups snow peas, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or fry pan and brown pork and capsicum.
- Add water and bring to the boil.
- Stir in Rice, cover and cook for 10 minutes, adding prawns and snow peas for the last few minutes of cooking.
- Stir well, replace lid and stand for 2 minutes.
- Once cold, stir through prawns, snow peas and top with spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Hint: Fried rice with meat and shrimp can also be served as a Rice salad. After cooking the Rice and before adding the prawns and snow peas, stir through 1 tablespoon of salad dressing and refrigerate. Once cold stir through prawns, snow peas and top with spring onions and sesame seeds.