Prawn Chicken and Pea Paella
Whatever name you choose to call it, this easy pea paella recipe is a popular Spanish rice dish that can easily be one of your favourite prawn recipes. A delicious seafood dish for Summer. This Paella recipe feeds 4 people and take 6 minutes to cook.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 min
- Cooking time40 min
- 2 Tbsp Flora Original spread
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 500g green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 Continental Stock Pot Chicken
- 2½ cups water
- ½ tsp saffron threads
- 1 cup short-grain rice (such as arborio or Spanish)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen peas
- ¹⁄³ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped, to serve
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Heat spread and oil in a large, heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add prawns to pan and cook, turning, for 2 minutes or until they change colour. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add onion to pan and cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomato, Stock Pot Chicken, water and saffron, stir until combined, then bring to the boil.
- Stir in rice, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Return chicken to pan with peas and stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through, then add prawns and stir to coat in the mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
- Tip: You can serve this chicken and prawn recipe with tapas or eat on its own.