BBQ Beef Vegetable Skewers & Couscous
Another easy BBQ recipe from Continental. There’s a reason Mediterranean’s live so long – they’ve got the best cuisine in the world! Try this dish of bbq beef and veggie kebabs and enjoy this healthy couscous recipe with a glass of wine for your own slice of the good life.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time20 min
- Cooking time10 min
- 1 x 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup reduced fat feta, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g lean diced beef, visible fat trimmed
- 1 medium zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 packet Continental® Mediterranean Vegetables & Herbs Couscous
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, extra
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together tomatoes, mint, basil and feta, lightly dress with olive oil. Cover and refrigerator until required.
- Thread the beef, zucchini and capsicum alternately onto skewers.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill pan until moderately hot. Lightly spray the beef skewers with oil and barbecue for 1 2 minutes each side until browned and cooked as desired. Remove and allow kebabs to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, cook the Couscous following packet instructions using the water and extra oil.
- Serve this quick meal of couscous and bbq beef skewers with tomato salad. Just before serving, sprinkle over parsley and season with freshly ground black pepper.