Roasted Spring Vegetables Salad with Barbecue Beef Steaks
This grilled or BBQ beef recipe tastes just like the real thing. A hearty tossed combo of scotch fillet and warm roast spring veggies will have even the most committed carnivore coming back for more. Add it to your list of BBQ beef steak recipes and see which one gets more requests.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time30 min
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 4cm pieces
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil spray
- 4 x 200g scotch fillet steaks
- 1 bunch rocket
- 1 packet Continental® Cook-in-Bag Smoky BBQ Chicken Recipe Base
- Preheat oven to 180ºc.
- Place the vegetables into the oven bag and shake through seasoning, place on a tray in the centre of the oven and allow to cook for 25- 30 minutes, or until just cooked through. Drain off excess liquid from bag into a small bowl and whisk in the olive oil, season with pepper and place to one side.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill pan to moderately hot. Lightly spray the steaks with oil and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking, allow meat to rest.
- Toss the roasted vegetables through the rocket and serve topped with the steak, spoon over the reserved lemon and herb dressing before serving.