Chinese San Choy Bow
It may have originated in China, but this pork and lettuce dish has become an Australian favourite. Just sauté the pork mince and vegies and let the family wrap their own in crispy lettuce leaves. Who says healthy Chinese food is not possible? This San Bow Recipe is healthy, feeds 4 people and is cooked easily in just 25 minutes.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 500g pork mince
- 200g sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 3 shallots or spring onions
- 1 packet Continental® Chow Mein Mince Recipe Base
- ¼ cup water
- 1 small iceberg lettuce
- Picked coriander leaves
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- Heat oil in a medium pan and brown mince.
- Add Recipe Base, mushrooms, cabbage and water; stir well.
- Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until mince is cooked. Stir through shallots.
- Spoon warm mixture into individual lettuce cups.
- Top with bean shoots and coriander and serve immediately.
- Hint: Make this healthy Chinese recipe using baby cos lettuce as an alternative as the leaves are much smaller and easier to handle.