Tuna Potato Cakes Green Salad
This tuna fish cake recipe transforms a humble tin of tuna into an ocean-fresh meal that’s sure to be the catch of the day or night! Served with a garden salad, it’s a tuna recipe fit for a summer’s night. Create these easy fish cakes in just 25 minutes for a quick dinner for four!
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time10 min
- 1 packet Continental® Potato Mash Home-style
- 1 cup (250ml) reduced fat milk
- 1¼ cups (310ml) water
- 2 teaspoons Flora® Salt Reduced spread
- 1 x 425g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 3 shallots or spring onions, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- fresh salad for serving
- Prepare the Home-style Mash following packet instructions using the milk, water and spread. Allow to cool
- Combine the tuna and spring onions with the potato, season with a little black pepper.
- Using wet hands, fashion into 8 patties and lightly dust with flour.
- Preheat a non-stick fry pan to moderately hot and add the oil, place patties in pan and allow to cook 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and hot to the centre.
- This fish cake recipe is best served with a fresh salad.