I love this Chicken, Spinach and Ricotta Pithivier which I've seasoned with a Chicken Stock Pot to add a delicious, intense flavour. This dish looks fancy, but is actually really simple to make. Try it yourself and let me know how you get on. - Julie, Continental Chef
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 250g chicken thigh, trimmed of any fat and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 x Continental Stock Pot Chicken
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 125g ricotta cheese
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tsp water to glaze
- Preheat oven to 200˚C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Heat oil in a frying pan and brown chicken and onion. Add Stock Pot and stir through until melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix together the spinach, ricotta, breadcrumbs, nutmeg and pepper. Add chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Cut 24cm rounds from each sheet of pastry. Place one round a baking sheet. Place filling in the centre of the pastry. Brush the edge of the pastry with the egg wash and lay another round of pastry over the top. Press down the edges to seal and score with a knife. Brush with egg wash then score the surface with a knife.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Allow to cool slightly before slicing and serve with steamed vegetables or salad